Do you have a recipe that you can make in your sleep, or a meal that your family repeatedly requests? I love having those recipes up my sleeve; delicious, reliable, homemade treats that will work every time, what could be better?
My banana bread is one such recipe. I have used this recipe for years, and it has never let me down. (Unfortunately I cannot remember where I found it…somewhere online. Ha, as if that is helpful!) Moist, flavorful, and filled with banana flavor, this dense loaf of bread is certain to please every banana lover in your life. If you like walnuts in your bread, feel free to add them. I am one of the few who does not like nuts in my baked goods, I think it’s a texture thing. To each their own:-)
What is your favorite go-to recipe? Do you like walnuts in your brownies and sweet breads? Let me know below!
Yield: 1 9×5 loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter – room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar – packed
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 3-4 mashed very ripe bananas.
- The browner the banana, the better the warm banana flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, use a mixer to cream together butter, vanilla and brown sugar.
- Incorporate the beaten eggs and mashed bananas into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Gently incorporate banana mixture into flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Be careful not to over-mix to avoid a tough loaf of bread.
- Transfer batter to sprayed loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of your loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10-15 minutes; turn out onto a wire rack.