After preparing my tomato tartlet filling last night, I generously filled each mini fillo shell and stuck the tasty bites in the oven. While they baked I set up my picture station for the photos, and eight minutes later I could smell the delicious aroma wafting out of the oven. I pulled out the little appetizers and plated them up.
- 1 package mini fillo shells
- I found Athens Mini Fillo Shells in the freezer section of my grocery store.
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbls. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar (use the best quality you have)
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Dice and seed one large tomato, add to mixing bowl.
- Finely chiffonade the fresh basil and add to the bowl.
- Add cheese and gently stir to combine.
- Taste the filling and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Generously fill each mini tart shell with the filling, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake tarts in the oven for 8-9 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the shells are lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove from oven, keep away from hungry pets, and enjoy!