It’s been a while since my last pancake post, we better fix that with some delicious blueberry pancakes. Yum!
With a mixture of whole wheat and all purpose flour, these pancakes are both light and hearty, and the fiber from both the blueberries and the whole wheat will keep you fueled all morning long.
What is your favorite kind of pancake? Let me know below!
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-2 tbls. granulated sugar (depending on desired sweetness of batter, I use. 2 tbls.)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbls. butter – melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- You may also use frozen, just let them thaw first
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and sugar.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg, vanilla, melted butter and milk.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray skillet lightly with cooking spray or grease lightly with additional butter.
- Pour the batter onto the skillet, using about 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Flip pancakes once top is bubbly and bottom is lightly golden brown.
- Brown on opposite side.
- Repeat with remaining batter and serve hot.