I absolutely love the versatility of mushrooms. You can pair them with almost any meat dish for a perfect side, you can use them in place of the meat for a hearty vegetarian entree, and you can even turn them into a burger on the grill!
Today I want to share with you one of my favorite simple ways to make mushrooms, which is sautéed in a little butter with a some tasty garlic, a splash of worcestershire, and a hint of thyme. It is simple, easy, and delicious. Throw it together the next time you need a quick side dish; you may just find that the mushrooms become the star of the meal. Enjoy!
Do you cook with mushrooms often? What is your favorite way to cook them? Let me know below!
Be sure you check out the FREE GIVEAWAY from my last post; the prize is awesome and entry is easy!
Sautéed Mushrooms and Garlic
- 16 oz. sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tbls. butter
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- scant 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or more, to taste)
- Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet.
- Add mushrooms and sautéed until brown, tender, and most of the moisture is released.
- Add remaining ingredients and sauté an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!