For all of you chocolate lovers out there, hold tight; your turn is coming VERY SOON. This recipe is for all of my cake batter lovers out there. You know who you are. Enjoy.
Cake. Batter. Blondies. Yes, you read that title right. Inspired by one of my favorite blogs, Sally’s Baking Addiction, I have been obsessed with all things “cake batter” recently. If you haven’t checked out Sally’s site, be sure to do so; it is filled with delicious desserts and has a whole page devoted to the flavors of cake batter. Yes!
Perhaps you have seen this recipe pinned on pintrest or featured on another blog. I wish I could claim responsibility for the brilliant idea, but it originated with Gracie at Girl Meets Life. Thank you Gracie!
Now you may be thinking, really…what makes this recipe so amazing? Where to start? Could it be the ease of using a yellow cake mix as a base? Or perhaps it is the bright, cheerful sprinkles running through the batter bringing out the inner child in everyone. Maybe it is how ridiculously easy the recipe is to prepare. While each of these aspects are wonderful, the best element of all is that this blondie is soft, chewy, and tastes just like cake batter straight from the mixing bowl. Can you get any better than this? For a lover of childhood throwbacks and licking batter from the spoon, the answer is no.
Seriously, go make this recipe now. I’m almost positive you have the ingredients in your pantry, and prep is a cinch! Enjoy!
- To ensure a chewy, delicious blondie, be sure that you don’t over-bake your batter; this will simply lead to a really dense cake-like bar. You know it’s ready when the edges are set and the center looks JUST about finished. It will finish setting after you remove it from the oven.
- When you stir in your sprinkles, stir until just combined, otherwise the colors will start to run.
- There is the option to add in white chocolate chips with the sprinkles, yielding an even richer, more decadent treat. If you’re a white chocolate lover, give it a try, you won’t be sorry!
Cake Batter Blondies
Yields: 16 blondies
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 -1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9×9 baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly. You want to cake batter to be as dense & thick as possible.
- Mix in the sprinkles and white chocolate chips (if using).
- Transfer batter to baking dish and sprinkle a few more sprinkles on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until edges are just turning brown. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so the center sets, before cutting into squares.