This recipe was inspired by my sister Megen, who requested a tasty treat combining peanut butter and pretzels. This suggestion sounded pretty delicious to me, and I thought I would take her idea a bit further and incorporate chocolate, too. You truly cannot go wrong with that sweet and salty combination.
The result is a chocolate-peanut butter-pretzel concoction packed with M&Ms, Reece’s Pieces, pretzel pieces, and peanut butter. Could you ask for anything more? I didn’t think so either.
|Ahhh my tower tipped over!|
Don’t worry Megs, these will be on our cookie tray this year:)
M&M Reece’s Pretzel Cookies
(for lack of a better name)
Yields ~60 large 3-inch cookies (Can easily cut recipe in half)
- 1 cup butter – softened
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar – packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbls. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups thin pretzel sticks (I used Rold Gold)
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup Reece’s Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until fully combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour and baking soda.
- Incorporate flour into peanut butter mixture until JUST combined.
- Put pretzels in a large zip-top bag, and using a rolling pin, break them into small pieces.
- Fold broken pretzels, M&Ms, and Reece’s Pieces into cookie dough until evenly distributed.
- Scoop cookie dough by tablespoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Press dough down lightly.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, remove from oven and allow cookies to firm up on cookie sheet for about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from the delicious Sally’s Baking Addiction