This is a short post this week.
Why? Because I am too busy eating these snickerdoodles.
You should be, too. Really. Go make these now. They’re a delicious butter cookie wrapped in warm cinnamon and sugar. What more could you want? Enjoy!
Note: I highly recommend getting the butter-flavored shortening, it enhances the cookie’s flavor. These cookies are the perfect balance of crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Plus, they freeze very well!
Yields: about 50 3″cookies
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tarter
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbls. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer, cream together shortening, butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tarter, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- In a small bowl combine 2 tbls. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place dough about 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly golden.
- Let cookies rest on baking sheet for about 2 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.