It’s Memorial Day weekend! How did we get to the “unofficial start of summer” so quickly? Like many of you, I say bring it on. I’m ready for sunshine, warm days, and slowing things down a little bit.
Do you have any big plans for Memorial Day? I have every intention of spending mine outside relaxing in the sunshine…and eating delicious food of course.
If you’re looking for the ultimate dessert to serve at your Memorial Day BBQ this weekend, look no further. These chocolate chip blondies are deliciously sweet with a perfectly crisp exterior and chewy -almost gooey- center. What’s more, this recipe is sure to please the “edge lovers” and the “center indulge-rs” alike. Take ten minutes, mix up this batter, and throw it in the oven. You won’t be sorry!
Paula’s Notes: Feel free to substitute the chocolate chips for white chocolate, butterscotch, or peanut butter chips for equally delicious results!
The Ultimate Blondies
Yields: 12 bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spoon flour lightly into cup and level off with a flat edge)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips(I used semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the brown sugar and the melted butter.
- Mix the beaten egg and vanilla into the brown sugar mixture.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing just until combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Allreicpes