Often times when I’m cooking chicken or turkey, I like to prepare large batches so that I have leftovers. (Quite frankly, cooking meat is not a favorite pastime of mine, so if I can knock out big batches at once, I’m a happy camper.) I then plan my weekly menu around whatever I cooked, which leads to super quick meal prep throughout the busy work week. Yes!
I love cobb salads. It’s basically an “everything but the kitchen sink” type meal, and when you make it at home, you get to choose exactly what toppings you want to include. Want turkey bacon instead of regular? Go for it! Don’t like blue cheese? Substitute feta! LOVE avocado? Add as much as you want 🙂 (These are my “goto” substitutions anyway.)
Since I’ve been on a bit of a BBQ sauce kick lately, I thought I would put a twist on this healthy, protein packed salad by including some flavorful BBQ chicken. Balance that with tangy feta cheese, creamy avocado, crispy turkey bacon, and juicy tomatoes and you’ve got yourself a protein packed meal that’s ready in minutes.
Do you cook any foods in bulk to eat throughout the week? What kind? Let me know below!
BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
Yield: 1 large salad (recipe is easily doubled, tripled, etc.)
Time: 10 minutes
- 3 oz. cooked chicken, diced
- 3 tbls. your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1 tbls. ranch dressing
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 1 hard boiled egg, diced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 oz reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Cook turkey bacon over medium high heat on a skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Turn occasionally, until crispy. Set aside to cool. Once cool, crumble into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix together diced chicken with 2 tbls. BBQ sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix together ranch dressing and remaining BBQ sauce.
- Place lettuce on a large serving plate
- Layer remaining ingredients on top of lettuce and drizzle with BBQ ranch dressing as shown in pictures above.
Recipe by Paula’s Plate