I got back from the gym this morning and I was starving. I was so proud of myself for my good workout, but now all I wanted was CANDY!!!
Luckily I was out of candy in the house so I had to think bigger… or smaller. What did I have that would satisfy this craving?
Peanut butter and chocolate chips would surely satisfy my grumbling tummy. Add in some flax seed, honey and oats and you’ve got yourself a super fast, healthy and more importantly, delicious protein boost, that makes up for not having candy around the house.
My cravings are gone and I didn’t house a big candy bar to do it. Genius! What are your quick craving cures?
Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I like chunky)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Mix peanut butter, honey and vanilla in separate bowl.
- Add peanut butter mix to dry ingredients.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and roll balls of mix onto sheet.
- Put in fridge for a couple hours to allow everything to set.
Not sure of who posted this recipe, but found it on Pinterest.