I have had a busy weekend. Well, actually Friday was busy and then I crashed and couldn’t bring myself to do anything. Ever have one of those weekends? My long list of “to-do’s” didn’t happen.
I had a commercial shoot that started at 9pm on Friday night and ended at 2:30am. I got home around 3:30am and crashed. Maybe not a big deal for some people, but I usually end up going to bed around 10:30pm, it was a big stretch for me. I drank a lot of coffee that day to keep me going.
It’s lazy (or busy) days like that when it’s nice to have a cold salad waiting for you in your fridge that you can munch on. Luckily I had one on hand.
Meanwhile, this weekend I binged on Netflix and watched more of season two of Scandal, a new addiction. What’s your favorite show to binge watch?
Have a great week!
Barley with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Olives and Feta
Yield: 2 – 3 servings
Time: 1 hour (to make the barley) 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup Barley
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, cut
- 4 oz. container feta cheese
- Olive olive
- Make barley according to package instructions. Mine was 6 cups of water with 1/2 cup of barley. Boil the water, then add barley and salt to taste. Simmer for up to one hour.
- Once barley is ready, heat oil in saucepan. Add onions and garlic. Once onions have softened, add sun-dried tomatoes and barley. Heat for another 2 minutes.
- Once mixture has cooled, add olives and feta cheese.