This is one of those simple “no recipe” recipes. I had some tofu in the refrigerator that I needed to use up, but I wasn’t in the mood for a stir fry. Since everything tastes better with BBQ sauce, I thought, why not smother my tofu with BBQ? Turns out, it’s pretty tasty.
The steps are quite simple.
Drain your tofu for about 20-30 minutes.
Slice the tofu into 32 pieces and spray lightly with cooking spray.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Flip tofu over and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Baste your tofu with your favorite BBQ sauce. Bake an additional five minutes.
How was your Halloween? Let me know below!
Time: 1 hr. 20 minutes with tofu draining time. About 15 minutes of hands on work.
- 14 oz. firm tofu
- 3 tbls. of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- Drain tofu of water and place on a plate with paper towels on top of the tofu. Place a heavy weight on the tofu and allow it to drain for about 20-30 minutes. (See photo above for an example)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice tofu into 32 equal squares.
- Arrange tofu on parchment lined baking sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Season tofu lightly with garlic powder and salt – to taste.
- Bake tofu for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip tofu pieces over, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Baste your tofu squares with BBQ sauce. Reserve leftover sauce. Bake tofu for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove tofu from oven, toss with remaining BBQ sauce, and enjoy!