I love Pumpkin Pie. I wish it weren’t such a “seasonal” dessert – I could honestly eat it all year round. That being said, perhaps it is because it is seasonal that I love it so much…who knows. Nevertheless, pumpkin pie is amazing. Full stop.
The version I am sharing with you today is my personal favorite. Why? Because it is crustless. Perhaps I have just not perfected the art of pie crusts, but whenever I make a pumpkin pie, the crust remains a bit soggy underneath – I hate that. I don’t have this problem with other pies, but without fail my pumpkin pie crusts are soggy. Since soggy crust is not my thing, I decided to remedy the situation by forgoing the crust all together. I mean, let’s be honest, the creamy pumpkin pie filling is all I’m concerned about anyway. (Unless it is my mom’s pie crust…mmm)
Creamy, flavorful, and perfectly spiced, this pumpkin pie is a perfect addition to your holiday table. What’s more, it is a great gluten free dessert, too! Double win!
What is your favorite pie? Do you ever deal with a soggy crust? Let me know your tips below!
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Time: Prep: 10 minutes; Bake: 45-60 minutes; Cool: 2 hours – 3 hours total
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9-10 inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk all listed ingredients (except cooking spray) together until well combined.
- Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45-60 minutes – this depends on the size and type of pie plate (glass, ceramic, metal etc.) You know it is done when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack for 2 hours.
- Enjoy topped with whipped cream. Store leftover pie in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from Libby’s.