Poached eggs marinara? What is that? Well, it was created out of my craving for something savory in the morning, but what’s particularly great about this recipe is that it is delicious at any time of day – breakfast, lunch, or dinner. With protein rich eggs, tangy marinara, and a salty bite from Parmesan cheese, this meal is sure to please any egg lover in your life.
What’s more, you can easily scale the recipe up or down depending on how many people you are feeding. This way you don’t have to worry about (even more) leftovers filling up the fridge. I don’t know about you, but once the cooler months roll around, I find myself making many more casseroles and soups – meals that serve way more than just my husband and me – and therefore my refrigerator is usually filled to capacity. This poached egg dish is ideal when you’re looking for a break from the leftovers without worrying about adding more to the fridge.
Grab some eggs, your favorite marinara sauce, and enjoy!
Poached Eggs Marinara
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 eggs
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Parsley, for garnish
- Crusty bread or toasted English muffin for dipping (optional)
- Pour marinara sauce into an 8-10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Using a spoon, make two wells in the marinara sauce and crack one egg in each divot. Sprinkle with a pinch of red pepper.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and cook until whites are fully set and the center is cooked to your liking, roughly 5-8 minutes.
- In the last minute of cook time, sprinkle eggs with Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish wish parsley, service with bread of choice, and enjoy!