I had a serious craving for pizza the other night, but I was also incredibly hungry – heading toward hangry – and knew I didn’t want to worry about making my own pizza crust.
Knowing I had some portabello mushrooms in the fridge, I decided to use them as my pizza base and top them with my favorite pizza toppings. Easy, fast, and delicious. What more could you ask for?
Similar to my post on Monday, this is another one of those “no-recipe recipes.” Like regular pizza, you may use whatever toppings you prefer – I decided upon black olives, red peppers, and sharp cheddar cheese. Simple yet delicious.
What are your favorite pizza toppings? Let me know below!
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 large portobello caps, cleaned and gills removed
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- Garlic powder
- 4 tbls. chopped red pepper
- 6 olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup-1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese (Cabot is lactose free!)
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drizzle both sides of mushrooms with olive oil.
- Sprinkle a dusting of garlic powder over the inside of each cap.
- Place mushrooms on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 5 mintues.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and top with pizza sauce, cheese, and desired toppings.
- Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.