I joined the zoodle fan club about a year ago and have been experimenting with recipes ever since. What are zoodles, you ask? Simply put, they’re spaghetti made with zucchini. Zoodles are the perfect vehicle for delivering delicious pasta sauces to your belly, but without the added gluten and with all of the added benefits (read lots of vitamins and fiber) that vegetables have to offer.
You: But wait, how do I make zoodles? Do I have to buy ANOTHER kitchen gadget?
Me: Making zoodles is so easy! While there are several different varieties of spiralizers out there, you certainly don’t need to buy one. Do you have a vegetable peeler? Yes? You’re in business. If you’re like me, however, and you LIKE kitchen gadgets…I highly recommend one 🙂 Once you spiralize or peel your zucchini into thin strips, you’re ready to go.
My recipe today is a quick and tasty meal-for-one. Creamy, garlicky, and packed with protein, this meal is sure to satisfy your tastebuds. Plus, you’ll be eating in under 20 minutes- bonus! It’s perfect for a quick lunch or a simple supper. Enjoy.
Are you a fan of zoodles? Let me know below!
Creamy Chicken and Tomato Zoodles
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 small/medium zucchini
- 1 handful baby tomatoes
- 3 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 1.5 ounces garlic and herb cream cheese OR 2 wedges Laughing Cow garlic and herb cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler, create “zoodles” out of your zucchini.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- Add zoodles to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until you reach your desired texture of zoodles. While zoodles cook, season with onion and garlic powders.
- Once zoodles are cooked, transfer to a mesh colander and allow the zoodles to drain any excess water.
- Wipe out the pan. Over medium-low heat, add milk and cheese (I break the cheese into small pieces to help it melt faster).
- Whisk sauce continually until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy.
- Add tomatoes and chicken to sauce. Stir and heat through for 60 seconds.
- Add zoodles and combine so everything is thoroughly coated with sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.