We love BLT night at our house. It is such a simple meal with easy ingredients, yet the combination is always delicious.
While grilling burgers for dinner the other night, I decided to make a pasta salad for our side. We had extra bacon and tomatoes in the fridge from BLTs a few nights ago, and inspired, I decided to create this pasta salad.
Crisp salty bacon, juicy red tomatoes, and fresh green lettuce combine with creamy dressing in order to take the classic BLT to the next level. Serve this dish as a side or enjoy it as a light meal; you’ll love it either way.
Paula’s Notes: If you want to make this dish in advance, wait to combine the lettuce until serving. This will keep the lettuce crisp.
What’s your favorite “goto” meal? Link up below!
BLT Pasta Salad
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup (4 oz.) pasta – gluten free, if desired
- 3 slices bacon, cooked (pork, turkey, or vegetarian all work great)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup sliced romaine lettuce
- 2 tbls. light mayo
- 2 tbls. plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rise with cold water.
- Meanwhile, cook up bacon the bacon, cool, and crumble into pieces.
- Slice cherry tomatoes
- In a medium bowl, create dressing by whisking together mayo, yogurt, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients to the dressing and stir to combine.