Okay guys, it’s time to geek-out a little bit. The newest Harry Potter book is set to release tomorrow!
Though I am admittedly well-past the intended target audience for Harry Potter books, I am still incredibly stoked; I started reading the series in middle school, and I’ve remained a dedicated follower with each release.
In honor of the newest edition to the Harry Potter series, I decided to create my own version of Chocolate Frogs. Rich chocolate filled with smooth and creamy peanut butter, this recipe is the perfect addition to a Harry Potter themed party. Plus, it’s a fun project to make with your kids and a delicious treat to enjoy as you read the latest book.
I found my frog mold on Amazon (what can’t you find on Amazon??), and it is incredibly easy to use. As you can see in my video above, all you need is a bag of milk chocolate*, whipped peanut butter*, and this mold. In under an hour and you will be in rich chocolate-peanut butter heaven.
What is your favorite Harry Potter book? Are you excited for the new release? Let me know below!
*Paula’s Notes: Feel free to use any type of chocolate and nut butter you would like. Nut allergy? Fill the frogs with marshmallow fluff – yum!
Yields: 8-10 Frogs
Time: 50 minutes
- 11.5 oz. bag milk chocolate chips (see Paula’s Notes above)
- 1/2 cup whipped peanut butter (see Paula’s Notes above)
- Frog mold
Directions: (See my video above for a quick tutorial)
- Pour chocolate into microwave safe dish. Microwave at 70% power for 60 seconds. Stir well.
- Return chocolate to the microwave for additional 10-15 seconds ay 70% power. Stir until fully melted.
- Pour chocolate into a gallon zip top bag. (For easy pouring tips, see my video above – this is the tool I use) Snip off the corner.
- Pour about 1 tbls. chocolate into each mold. Using a paintbrush, spread chocolate to cover the bottom completely. Add more chocolate if needed.
- Freeze 5-7 minutes.
- Put peanut butter in a separate zip top bag. Snip off corner.
- Fill each frog with about 1/2-1 tbls. peanut butter. Smooth with knife.
- Pour chocolate over peanut butter and spread with knife to cover.
- Freeze an additional 30 minutes.
- Pop out of mold and enjoy!