You. Guys. This chicken salad is delicious.
Chicken has been on a heavy rotation in our kitchen recently. Because it has been so hot, I often prepare a big batch early on in the week and then use the leftovers for salads, wraps, fajitas, etc. It makes meal prep easy and the kitchen cool – two things that I love this time of year.
I’ve been falling back on the same few recipes, however, so I decided to switch it up a bit with this flavorful curried chicken salad. Quick and easy to prepare, this recipe requires only 10 minutes and a handful of ingredients – most of which you likely have in your kitchen right now.
Don’t be fooled by the recipe’s simplicity, however. When combined, these few ingredients create a refreshing mixture of flavors and textures. Gluten free, protein packed, and absolutely delicious, serve this salad over a bed of lettuce, in a wrap, or between two fresh slices of bread; it is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Curried Chicken Salad
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. cooked boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces or shredded.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbls. light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 cup halved red or green grapes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For serving (optional):
- Lettuce leaves dressed with oil and vinegar, favorite wraps, crusty fresh bread, etc.
- Put first seven ingredients into a large bowl and thoroughly combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve over lettuce, in a wrap, or atop your favorite bread.
Recipe from Ellie Krieger’s So Easy cookbook.