Some days when I sit down to share a new recipe with you, I draw a complete blank regarding what to write. I lack any funny anecdotes or fond distant memories to share; instead I stare blankly at my blinking cursor.
Today is one of those days.
So rather than ramble about nothing, I’ll cut straight to the point. This salad is awesome. Simple ingredients, little time investment, big flavor results. Enjoy it for lunch, as a dip for tortilla chips, or even wrapped up in a soft taco shell.
How was your Labor Day weekend? Let me know below!
Bean, Avocado, and Tomato Salad
Time: 5 minutes
- 15 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed (~2 cups)
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbls. olive oil
- 2 tbls. cilantro OR parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste (this will vary on whether you have salted or unsalted beans)
- Combine first eight ingredients in a large bowl (beans through cilantro).
- Mix thoroughly
- Salt and pepper, to taste