Simple ingredients, minimal work, big flavor results – that’s my kind of recipe.
Chicken parmesan is such a delicious dish, but it also requires a bit of work. Looking to speed up the process, I decided to use the same flavorful ingredients and simply layer them in a casserole – it all goes to the same place, right? See the video above for a quick tutorial.
Layers of juicy chicken, bright spinach, robust marinara, and sharp parmesan are topped with crispy bread crumbs to create a delicious, healthy, and easy dish that is sure to please even your pickiest eaters.
What are serving for dinner tonight? Let me know or link up below!
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Time: 30 minutes
- 12 oz. pre-cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 generous handfuls of spinach
- 16 oz. marinara sauce (2 cups)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs (gluten free, if desired)
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven (or toaster oven) to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray (I use my misto).
- In a small bowl, mix together parmesan, panko, and parsley.
- Layer ingredients into dish in the following order: chicken, spinach, marinara, mozzarella, crumb mixture. (See the video above for a quick tutorial.)
- Drizzle the top with olive oil or spray (I use my misto).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden and cheese has melted.