As I get back into the grind of packing school lunches everyday, I’ve been on the lookout for fun alternatives to my usual turkey sandwich. After discovering a new brand of gluten-free tortillas that I really like, I’ve gotten into making giant wraps quite often.
The latest recipe I want to share with you is for a Waldorf salad wrap. I love Waldorf salads. The combination of savory chicken, sweet crispy apples, and crunchy walnuts mixed together in a creamy dressing is absolutely delicious.
That being said, for many of us our lunch “hour” is more like lunch “10 minutes”
or eat while working in front of the computer, and devouring an entire salad during those precious few moments of downtime is a little unrealistic. Therefore, I decided to turn this favorite salad into an on-the-go wrap. Simple and delicious.
What’s your favorite school box lunch? Let me know or link up below!
Waldorf Chicken Wrap
Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbls. light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium apple, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large tortillas (gluten free, if desired)
- 1 1/3 cup mixed greens
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant ~ 3-5 minutes (Toasting adds a great depth of flavor. If you are short on time, however, you can omit this step.)
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, mustard, and thyme. Stir until smooth.
- Fold in walnuts, chicken, and apple. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide lettuce evenly amongst four tortillas, followed by the chicken mixture.
- Wrap up and enjoy!
Recipe from Ellie Krieger’s So Easy cookbook