Chicken enchiladas, chili, and slow cookers: three wonderful things that only improve when combined.
My crockpot has been in heavy rotation lately. Cooler temperatures, fall food cravings, and busy schedules make the option to “set it and forget it” very enticing. This chicken enchilada chili is one of my newest favorites in the “set and forget” category, not only because it is delicious, but also because it’s incredibly easy to prepare. (See my short video above).
Ground chicken (or turkey), beans, tomatoes, and enchilada sauce form the base of this simple chili. Doctor it up with some spices and you have yourself a crowd pleasing favorite that is perfect for game day or a busy week night.
What is your favorite slow cooker recipe? Let me know or link up below!
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Chili
Time: 4-6 hours
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 15 oz can low sodium black beans
- 15 oz can low sodium white beans
- 15 oz diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 tbls. chili powder
- 1 tbls. cumin
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. ground turkey or chicken, cooked in a skillet
- 2 cans enchilada sauce
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Brown ground chicken in a skillet until fully cooked.
- Put all ingredients from onion through enchilada sauce into slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Top with Greek yogurt and parsley/cilantro if desired.
Recipe adapted from Nikki at TastyThin.