Well, Christmas decorations are up at Walmart…it must be Halloween.
I bought a giant box of Rice Krispies recently and have been craving Rice Krispie Treats something fierce.
So yesterday I thought to myself: “Self – it’s time to silence that craving. Let’s do this” And Rice Krispie Treats were made.
And not just any Rice Krispie Treats, but HALLOWEEN Rice Krispies Treats. Let me tell you, if you’re looking to get into the Halloween spirit, make these Rice Krispie Treats (and avoid Walmart).
Spiderweb Rice Krispie Treats
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 round pan
- 2 tbls. butter
- 3.5 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 candy eyes (These are the ones I use)
- Coat round 9″ cake pan with cooking spray.
- Combine marshmallows and butter in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes on high. Stir until completely smooth.
- Mix in Rice Krispies. (This can be sticky – have patience)
- Transfer Rice Krispie mixture into your round cake pan.
- Using a piece of wax paper (or the wrapping from the butter) pat down the Rice Krispies until flat and compact. Set aside to cool briefly.
- Microwave chocolate chips in a small bowl for 30 seconds on high. Stir. Return to microwave for additional 30 seconds.
- Stir until completely smooth. Transfer chocolate to a plastic bag. Snip off a small piece from the corner.
- Using the chocolate, create a + and an X on your Rice Krispie Treats.
- Connect the 8 lines with 2 sets of scalloped lines (see video above – it’s easy)
- Make a spider with remaining chocolate. Add the eyes. Set aside for chocolate to harden.