Peanut Noodle Dish
Original Post: 8/30/11
- 8 oz. Spaghetti Noodles
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 4 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- 2-3 Green Onions – Finely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Finely Minced
- 2 Teaspoons Oil
- 8 oz. Sliced Button Mushrooms
- 6 oz. Cooked Shredded Chicken (Optional)
for fresh, but be sure to adjust measurements accordingly. That said, fresh is
- Cook pasta according to package instructions
in a large pot of salted boiling water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, add oil to a large non-stick
skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Add garlic for last 30-60 seconds of cooking.
- Remove mushrooms from heat and set aside in a
- In the same skillet combine chicken broth, soy
sauce, peanut butter, honey, and ginger. Whisk together and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta, sautéed mushrooms, and chicken (if
using) and toss to coat evenly.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through and sauce
has reached desired consistency. 2-5 minutes (depending on how thick you want
- Dish among four plates, top with green onions,