This is my favorite thing to bring as a host/ess gift when it’s cold out. It takes ten minutes to make something that everyone goes crazy for.
It always feels to me like once Halloween happens, it’s holiday dinner parties and celebrations one after the other. I’m so excited to be a part of Paula’s Plate now so I feel encouraged to try new dishes for the holidays. So, get ready!
You might have noticed that some of the cashews and almonds got a little dark. I am guilty of doing other things while cooking and then forgetting the time. I should have taken these guys out a minute or two earlier. But, at least I got the living room swept and swiffered. 😉
What are your favorite things to make for host/ess gifts?
This deliciousness is brought to you by Williams-Sonoma.
Time: 10 minutes
- 1lb Mixed Nuts (unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Toast, stirring every two minutes, until you can smell the yummy nuts and they’ve darkened a bit (not too much like the ones in my pictures ;). Usually it takes around 8 – 10 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to cool.
- Once cooled, eat your heart out!
Recipe from Williams Sonoma Entertaining with the Seasons. A good one to add to your collection.