I can’t believe I’m saying this, but school starts in two weeks. Where did the summer go? How is this even possible?
To help ease this
unwelcome shift back to the daily grind, I’ll be sharing some tasty lunch box recipes over the next few weeks. Today I present one of my favorite desserts: the M&M cookie.
Simple pantry ingredients, one mixing bowl, and 25 minutes is all you need to make warm, chewy, and perfectly sweet M&M cookies. If you like to prep ahead simply double the batch; they freeze beautifully and you can pull them out as needed. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite lunch box dessert? Let me know below!
Yields: 15 LARGE or 30 regular sized cookies
Time: 25 Minutes
- In a large bowl, blend together sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda to butter mixture. Blend well.
- Mix in 1/2 cup M&M’s to dough.
- Drop dough by ice cream scoop for large cookies or heaping tablespoon for normal sized cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Push 3-4 M&M’s on top of each dough ball with remaining candies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes for small cookies, 14-15 minutes for large cookies.
Recipe from Allrecipes.